About this web web page:
Bear Hunting License
A valid hunting license and a bear permit is required to hunt for bear prior to the firearms season on deer. The cost with this license is:
- Residents $27.00*
- Non-Residents $74.00* (this license covers the bear hunting season that is entire
- Non-Resident Later Season Allow $40*
If your non-resident desires to hunt bear throughout the regular firearms period on deer just, a late-season bear searching license and a legitimate searching license is needed.
To trap for bear, a trapping license and bear trapping permit is needed. See Trapping Laws for lots more information
Qualified landowners may hunt bear by themselves land without a large game permit, but they are needed to have legitimate bear hunting license. See landowner that is special.
Bait might be put 1 month before the bear searching with bait period with no later than October 31. Bait areas needs to be washed up by November 10. Bait can help assist dog hunters and trappers, however it is unlawful to shoot a bear over bait following the close associated with bait season.
Searching by using bait is understood to be searching from an observation stand, blind, or other location that overlooks any bait or meals, except standing plants and foods which were kept because of normal agricultural operations or normal incident.
Bear bait means any animal, plant, or derivative thereof, utilized to attract bear. This doesn’t consist of container or packaging materials that fall in the concept of litter under Title 17, В§2263.
An individual might not spot any medicinal, poisonous, or stupefying substance to entice any animal, including bear.
Bait may possibly not be put to entice, hunt or trap bear that is black:
- The bait is positioned at the very least 50 yards from any travel method that is obtainable by the standard 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive automobile
- The observation stand, blind, or bait area is clearly labeled by having a 2 inches by 4 inch tag using the true title and target of this baiter
- The bait is positioned a lot more than 500 yards from any waste that is solid web site or campground
- The bait is put a lot more than 500 yards from an occupied dwelling, unless written authorization is awarded because of the dog owner or tenant
- Anyone searching from someone else’s stand or blind gets the owner’s authorization.
- Anyone bait that is placing someone else’s land gets the landowner’s authorization (oral or perhaps in writing).
- If putting bait for a wildlife administration area, you will need to secure a license from MDIFW. The wildlife biologist in your administrative region to apply for a bear baiting permit, contact.
- If placing bait on Public Reserved Land, you ought to secure a license through the Bureau of Parks and Lands (for information, call 207-287-3821).
Baiting of animals is forbidden in State Parks and Historic web web Sites.
Legal Hunting Equipment
Bear can be taken by usage of rifle, handguns, muzzleloader, shotguns (with slugs just rather than bigger than 10 measure), bow and arrow (with a draw that is minimum of 35 lbs.) or crossbow (with the absolute minimum draw fat of 100 lbs.). Making use of a firearms with .17 or .22 caliber rimfire cartridges, or perhaps a shotgun with shotloads to hunt bear is forbidden.
Bear Hunting Prohibitions
Someone cannot, within 50 yards of the baitsite and without written authorization fromthe individual who keeps the bait web web site:
- look, trap, molest, or harass bear
- to push out a dog or dogs to hunt bear
- train dogs on bearIt is illegal to hunt bear, or release dogs for that function, within 500 yards of the waste disposal site that is solid
It really is illegal to hunt bear, or release dogs for the function, within 500 yards of a solid waste disposal website
Searching with Dogs
It really is illegal to:
- usage dogs to hunt bear throughout the available firearm season on deer
- use significantly more than 6 dogs at any one time and energy to look for bear
- Kill or wound a bear that is held or treed at bay by another people dog or dogs until you have actually authorization through the person performing the search
An individual might not hunt bear after having killed one by searching that can not trap bear after having killed one by trapping, throughout the season that is open of calendar 12 months. An individual can destroy and register two bears, one by searching and one by trapping.
Bear Hunting by having a Maine Guide
Nonresidents must use, and look into the existence of, a resident Maine guide so that you can hunt bear with dogs. In the event that nonresident is an authorized Maine guide, they might hunt bear with dogs by themselves, and can even guide residents, but cannot guide nonresidents.
The sum total range consumers having a licensed guide may maybe maybe not surpass five.
Laws Regarding Registration
Just before enrollment, bears might be chop up for simplicity of transport, but all components ( with the exception of the viscera and rib cage) must certanly be presented plus in such a way that the intercourse for the animal are determined.
Present bear should have each part plainly labeled aided by the title and target of the person whom registered your pet while the in which it was registered year.
Note: Hunters have to eliminate a premolar enamel from the bear they harvest and supply the enamel at enrollment (guidelines offered at the enrollment station). Hunters is supposed to be notified for the chronilogical age of the bear they harvested in the Bear Hunting web page regarding the MDIFW internet site ahead of the beginning of the next bear searching period (belated August).
For informative data on buying, attempting to sell or bartering pets, see Prohibition Regarding Selling of crazy pets.
For informative data on tracking wounded keep, deer or moose with dogs, see Leashed puppy monitoring License.
2020 Bear Hunting Seasons and Bag Limits
|period||Dates||day-to-day Bag & Possession Limit|
|General Hunting||August 31 – November 28, 2020||2 could be taken yearly – 1 by searching, 1 by trapping|
|Hunting with Dogs||September 14 – October 30, 2020|
|Hunting with Bait Bait may be put August 1, 2020||August 31 – September 26, 2020|
|Trapping||September 1 – October 31, 2020|
|Youth Bear Day||August 29, 2020|
All blackchristianpeoplemeet reviews times are inclusive except that hunting is forbidden on Sunday.
See Laws with respect to Hunting gear for home elevators the usage of crossbows. More info on Bear Trapping.