With this web page:
Bear Hunting Permit
To search for bear ahead of the firearms period on deer, a legitimate searching permit and a bear license is needed. The fee because of this license is:
- Residents $27.00*
- Non-Residents $74.00* (this permit covers the whole bear searching period)
- Non-Resident Later Season Allow $40*
In cases where a non-resident desires to hunt bear throughout the regular firearms period on deer only, a bear that is late-season license and a legitimate searching permit is needed.
To trap for bear, a trapping license and bear trapping permit is necessary. See Trapping statutory Laws for lots more information
Qualified landowners may hunt bear by themselves land without a large game permit, but are needed to have bear hunting permit that is valid. See unique landowner privileges.
Bait might be put 1 month ahead of the bear searching with bait season no later than 31 october. Bait areas must certanly be washed up by 10 november. Bait can help assist dog hunters and trappers, however it is unlawful to shoot a bear over bait following the close of this bait period.
Searching if you use bait is described as searching from an observation stand, blind, or any other location that overlooks any bait or meals, except standing plants and meals which were kept because of normal agricultural operations or normal event.
Bear bait means any animal, plant, or derivative thereof, utilized to attract bear. This doesn’t consist of packaging or container materials that fall in the concept of litter under Title 17, В§2263.
An individual may well not spot any medicinal, poisonous, or stupefying substance to entice any animal, including bear.
Bait may possibly not be placed to entice, hunt or trap black colored bear unless:
- The bait is put at the least 50 yards from any travel method that is obtainable by a regular 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive automobile
- The observation stand, blind, or bait area is clearly labeled having a 2 inches by 4 inches label utilizing the title and target regarding the baiter
- The bait is put significantly more than 500 yards from any solid waste disposal web site or campground
- The bait is positioned significantly more than 500 yards from a dwelling that is occupied unless written authorization is provided by the master or tenant
- Anyone searching from someone else’s stand or blind gets the owner’s permission.
- Anyone bait that is placing someone else’s land has got the landowner’s authorization (oral or perhaps in writing).
- If putting bait on a wildlife administration area, you ought to secure a license from MDIFW. To try to get a bear baiting allow, contact the wildlife biologist in your administrative area.
- If putting bait on Public Reserved Land, you will need to secure a license through the Bureau of Parks and Lands (for information, call 207-287-3821).
Baiting of animals is forbidden in State Parks and Historic web Sites.
Legal Hunting Gear
Bear could be taken by utilization of rifle, handguns, muzzleloader, shotguns (with slugs just and never bigger than 10 measure), bow and arrow (with a minimal draw fat of 35 lbs.) or crossbow (with the absolute minimum draw fat of 100 lbs.). The usage of a firearms with .17 or .22 caliber rimfire cartridges, or even a shotgun with shotloads to hunt bear is forbidden.
Bear Hunting Prohibitions
An individual cannot, within 50 yards of a baitsite and without written authorization fromthe individual who keeps the bait web site:
- search, trap, molest, or harass bear
- to push out a dog or dogs to hunt bear
- train dogs on bearIt is illegal to hunt bear, or launch dogs for that function, within 500 yards of the waste disposal site that is solid
It really is illegal to hunt bear, or launch dogs for that function, within 500 yards of a waste disposal site that is solid
Searching with Dogs
It’s illegal to:
- usage dogs to hunt bear through the firearm that is open on deer
- usage significantly more than 6 dogs at any one time and energy to search for bear
- kill or wound a bear that is treed or held at bay by another people dog or dogs until you have actually authorization through the individual performing the look
Someone may well not hunt bear after having killed one by searching that can not trap bear after having killed one by trapping, throughout the season that is open of calendar 12 months. An individual may destroy and register two bears, one by hunting and one by trapping.
Bear Hunting having a Maine Guide
Nonresidents must use, and look within the existence of, a resident Maine guide so that you can hunt bear with dogs. In the event that nonresident is an authorized Maine guide, they might hunt bear with dogs on their own, and can even guide residents, but cannot guide nonresidents.
The full total wide range of consumers with a licensed guide may perhaps maybe not go beyond five.
Laws Regarding Registration
Just before enrollment, bears might be break up for simplicity of transport, but all righ parts ( aside from the viscera and rib cage) needs to be presented as well as in such a way that the intercourse associated with the animal may be determined.
Present bear will need to have each component obviously labeled with all the name and target of the individual whom registered the pet therefore the in which it was registered year.
Note: Hunters are required to eliminate a premolar enamel from the bear they harvest and offer the enamel at enrollment (directions offered at the registration place). Hunters is supposed to be notified regarding the chronilogical age of the bear they harvested from the Bear Hunting page of this MDIFW site before the beginning of the bear that is next period (belated August).
For informative data on buying, attempting to sell or bartering pets, see Prohibition Selling that is regarding of pets.
For informative data on tracking wounded keep, deer or moose with dogs, see Leashed puppy monitoring License.
2020 Bear Hunting Seasons and Bag Limits
|Season||Dates||day-to-day Bag & Possession Limit|
|General Hunting||31 – November 28, 2020||2 may be taken annually – 1 by hunting, 1 by trapping|
|Hunting with Dogs||September 14 – October 30, 2020|
|Hunting with Bait Bait can be placed August 1, 2020||August 31 – September 26, 2020|
|Trapping||September 1 – October 31, 2020|
|Youth Bear Day||August 29, 2020 august|
All times are inclusive except that searching is forbidden on Sunday.
See Laws related to Hunting gear for info on the utilization of crossbows. More details on Bear Trapping.